With an age-old history and unparalleled resources, this li- brary has over 400 thousand members and as many as seven million visitors and is rated as one of the most active librar- ies in the Middle East. The Central Library renders services through eighteen reading halls, consisting of open-stack reading halls (ladies and gentlemen), closed-stack reading halls (ladies and gentlemen), researchers’ hall (ladies and gentlemen), reference hall, especialized geography hall (ladies and gentlemen), foreign books hall, youth reading and book circulation hall (boys and girls), adolescent reading and book circulation hall (boys and girls), audio-visual hall, and Inter- net hall (ladies and gentleman).
In addition, there are other services provided by this huge cultural complex, such as compiling and preserving copies of the holy Qur’an, manuscripts in different subjects, facsimiles, internal and foreign microfilms, compact discs, exquisite and valuable handwritten texts, rare lithographed and old printed books, and photography and preparing microfilms of these documents.
Guwharshād Mosque Library
Guwharshād Mosque Library, known as the Ahl al-Bayt
(P.B.U.T.) Especialized Library, is considered as one of the
most significant centers for spreading Islamic culture. This
library was established next to the Guwharshād Mosque and
was run under the management of the Endowment and Charity
Organization from 1966 to 1990 A.C. The new building of
this library, located in Shaykh Bahā’ī Sanctuary, was completed
with an area of 1200 square meters by Āstān Quds Raḍawī
in 1999 A.C. and turned over to A.Q.R Library Management.